A bit of a different kind of offer to our members…
COVID-19 or Coronavirus has seen hundreds of gigs cancelled right across the world.
This can be especially devastating for folk musicians, emerging artists and people carefully building their career in a tough industry.
When we come out of the other side of this pandemic, we can’t let our music industry be one of the many victims. If we are not able to sustain festivals, venues and most importantly, musicians through this difficult time, they may not be there for us to enjoy in future.
What can you do to help?
- Buy physical merchandise from your favourite artist’s websites. CDs, Tshirts, whatever else they are selling. Buy them directly from the website and buy in bulk!
- Contribute to fundraisers from musicians. Have a look on your favourite artist’s facebook page and see what they’re doing which you can support. This might be paying for a live streamed gig, it might be contributing to gofundme, or it might be something else. Have a look and be proactive.
- If your favourite festival or concert is cancelled, if you can afford to, perhaps donate the ticket price to the organisation or refuse the refund
- Lobby your MP to extend sick pay from day one to low paid, zero hours and freelance workers affected by or in self isolation due to coronavirus – more info HERE
- Make a donation to Help Musicians UK: https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/support-our-work/make-a-donation
Have any other ideas or suggestions, let us know and we’ll use our platforms to tell the world! Get in touch with us HERE